Stimulating courses that influence high quality practice within a childcare setting.
Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services
Childcare Level 5
Leadership in Childcare
Take your management and leadership skills to a new level with this exciting new Level 5 qualification from Parenta, the UK’s largest specialist childcare training provider.
Who will the course suit?
The Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services is designed for managers and deputies of childcare settings and replaces the old level 4 qualification.
It builds on the experience you have already gained, and provides a range of tools to help you get the most from the staff you manage, identify areas to improve your setting and push your personal leadership skills to a new level.
What are the entry requirements?
In order to apply for a level 5 qualification, you must be employed and have a team of at least 2 people to manage. You must be able to generate real evidence from your job role, and be qualified to level 3.
You cannot be over qualified for an application at level 5.
How long is the course?
This qualification will take 16 months to complete.
How will I study?
Parenta enables you to shape your Level 5 qualification to reflect your current managerial responsibilities. You do not need to take time off to attend any additional training, and we will work with you to ensure that the qualification adds value to your daily activities, By doing so, we help you to quickly gain real benefits in your day-to-day working life and the setting benefits immediately from your training.
All Parenta assessors have previously worked in childcare management and are able to offer unrivalled support and insight throughout your course. They will help you choose tasks that stretch your skills and push you beyond your comfort zone, whilst supporting and encouraging you throughout.
You will agree these tasks during each assessor visit, and present the results the next time you meet. Observations will be completed both with the children and your team, and you can use e learning tutorials and online course materials to offer throughout your course, making this the most flexible option available.
What does the course involve?
This exciting and demanding course includes 5 mandatory and 4 optional units, and follows the Children and Young People’s Management pathway
• Using and developing systems that promote communication
• Promoting professional development
• Championing equality, diversity and inclusion
• Developing health & safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices
• Working in partnership in your setting.
Four optional units are also chosen from:
• Recruitment and selection
• Facilitating coaching and mentoring of practitioners in Health & Social Care or Children and Young People’s settings
• Managing induction
• Facilitating change in Health & Social Care or Children and Young People’s settings
• Leading positive behavioral support.
The Children and Young People’s Management pathway includes:
• Understanding Children and Young Persons’ development
• Leading practice that supports positive outcomes for Children and Young People
• Developing and implementing policies and procedures to support the safeguarding of Children and Young People
• Leading and managing a team
• Developing professional supervision practice in Health & Social Care or Children and Young People’s settings
• Leading practice in promoting the wellbeing and resilience of Children and Young People.
This is an 80 credit QCF qualification.
How much does it cost?
This management qualification costs £3999.00 to complete, with no hidden extras.
There is no national funding currently available to contribute towards course costs, although your local Early Years Department may have bursaries available.
Parenta offers an interest fee payment plan for Level 5 qualifications, spreading the cost over 12 months at £333.25 per month. You are welcome to combine this with any bursary funding you secure to reduce the monthly payable amount.
How to apply?
To apply for this course, just call 0844 504 5504 or complete the form below.